As much of the world adjusts to a new normal of restricted living, the need to find things to do when you are bored indoors only increases. The luxury of everyday happiness is a given for some while others feel cooped up inside and are sleeping just to pass the time.
Many of us have been dealing with months of social distancing, and honestly . . . some of these home projects and canned soup recipes are starting to become boring or too hard. If you are having a difficult time with isolation and quarantine, are feeling overwhelmed or just a little bit crazy, we wanted to share some ideas for anyone that has too much time.
Here are a few fun things to do without leaving your house once.
Fun things to do when bored at home alone
- Find some wildflowers in your front yard and try pressing them! Use a book.
- Sort your bookshelf by color or size. Or face them backward for a neutral vibe.
- Order (or print) a coloring book and do every page with a different type of paint. Watercolor, acrylics, oils, colored pencil, sharpie, chalk, digital paintings, etc.
- Practice a TikTok or Instagram #dancechallenge. To post or not, you be the judge.
- Watch DIY videos and learn a new skill. Code, weave, dribble, cook – you got this!
- Learn how to do a new hairstyle. Hair crowns, headbands and hot lather shaves.
- Do regular self-care. Facemasks, wash your hair, scrubs, baths, candles and more.
- Go for a random walk at a random time everyday. Try not to make it scheduled during this uncertain time. It will help make the days a tad less claustrophobic.
- Teach your dog a new trick and take that pic. Give treats to such a good boy!
- Cats love cuddling. JK! They for sure love you. Take the ‘cutest cat ladies and their furry companions’ Instagram’s EVER SEEN.
Have a super detailed schedule and make plans, don’t stay in your PJs all day (what you are wearing sends signals to your brain and changes your mood), make sure you’re doing a variety of activities including plenty of creative time, get some physical activity, get outside when you can, plan your meals, schedule time with friends & family as you would if you were going out with them, keep learning and keep your mind engaged.
Some of these might seem like weird things to do at home, but you gotta get creative during Corona. We’ll be right there with you, Zooming, napping and constantly washing our hands.